The Dime Bank COVID-19 Information
The Dime Bank's goal is to always bring you the best in banking! Our branches are open and we are ready to serve you.
If you are fully vaccinated, a mask is optional. If you are not fully vaccinated, a mask is required. Thank you for your cooperation.
For safety and security, please remove hats and sunglasses.
- If you are not feeling well, have a fever, or are awaiting test results, please schedule your appointment after you are feeling better.
- Online Banking & Bill Pay
- Mobile Banking & Apps
- Voice Bill Pay
- Mobile Deposit
- Mobile Wallet
- Interbank Transfers
- Pay a Person
- Our drive-through lanes.
- Our ATMs located at every branch.
- Our night drop banking available at all of our branch locations.
- Our telephone banking service at 1-866-342-5693.
- Our telephone Customer Service Center, at 1-888-469-3463, option 7, available for extended hours:
- Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
- Saturday - Sunday - Holidays (except Thanksgiving and Christmas) 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) began processing ACH files of direct deposit payments for the third round of Economic Impact Payments (EIP) as following:
- On 6/10/21, the IRS said it distributed more than $2.3 million additional EIP over the past two weeks. The latestest disbursements bring hte total number of payments since March to more than $169 million.
- The IRS said it is disbursing another 1.1 million Economic Impact Payments under the American Rescue Plan. The latest batch - which has a total value of more than $2 billion -began processing April 30th with an official payment date of May 5th. The new batch brings the current round of EIPs to approximately 164 million payments worth roughly $386 billion. The IRS said it will continue making EIPs on a weekly basis.
- On 4/14/21, the Internal Revenue Service said that it has issued another 2 million economic impact payments with a value of more than $3.4 billion in a fifth batch of payments. Many of these payments went to Veterans Affairs beneficiaries and others for whom the IRS previously did not have the information needed to issue payments but recently filed a tax return. The IRS has now sent approximately 159 million payments, with a total value of about $376 billion, since payments began on March 12. In the most recent round of payments, the IRS sent 1.2 million direct deposit payments, with a value of just under $2 billion, and about 800,000 paper check payments, with a value of more than $1.4 billion.
- The IRS and Treasury Department announced on April 8, 2021 that they are disbursing more than 25 million payments in the fourth batch of EIPs under the American Rescue Plan. This latest batch, which has a total value of more than $36 billion, began processing April 2nd with an official payment date of April 7th. The new batch brings the current round of EIPs to roughly $372 billion. Some 85 percent have been made via direct deposit, up from 74% in the first round of payments and 77% in the second round. Another 3.1 million Direct Express cardholders have received payment electronically.
- The third batch of EIPs began processing March 26th with an official payment date of March 31st. It contained more than 2 million direct deposit payments and approximately 2 million paper check payments. This batch included the first of ongoing supplemental payments to recipients eligible for a new or larger payment and to recipients for whom the IRS recently received information to issue a payment.
- The second batch of EIPs were issued with a payment date of Wednesday, March 24th. Many of these payments arrived via paper check or prepaid credit cards.
- The first batch of EIPs were issued with a payment date of Wednesday, March 17th. Checks and prepaid cards began to be processed on Friday, March 19th. These were expected to look the same as the previous round of EIPs issued.
You can easily monitor your accounts at The Dime Bank for incoming ACH deposits by setting up an alert within Dime On Line. Under the Options Tab, select Alerts and set up an Event Alert. You can also use our automated telephone banking system to check your account's balance and transaction history by calling 1-866-342-5693.
Please remember, the IRS will not call, text, email, or contact you on social media asking for personal or bank information. The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) issued guidance on scams related to EIPs. For more information, please read FTC statement.
Monitoring Your Credit History is Important!
The three national credit reporting agencies, Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion are continuing to provide free “weekly” credit reports via the www.AnnualCreditReport.com portal to allow for Americans to maintain credit awareness, since some may be anxious about their financial well-being during the COVID-19 pandemic. The free report does not include your credit score. With an increase in fraud and the desperate times some have been experiencing throughout the pandemic, now is an important time to monitor your credit history.
If you are a small business, or know someone who is a small business owner, the Small Business Administration has some resources and guidance.
We know this is a stressful time and it is not easy on you or your families. If you are in need of supplemental food, please follow these links for resources near you:
- Wayne County Food Assistance Community Resources
- Pike County Food Pantry List
- Lackawanna County Food Pantry List
Please call to ensure dates and availability have not changed. For those who have a little extra, please consider donating to a food pantry near you.
As your community financial institution, the health of our staff and customers is one of our top priorities. Our goal is to support you and our communities through this crisis while we adhere to best practices to keep everyone safe. The Dime Bank is closely monitoring and proactively implementing the mandates of our Governor, the Secretary of the Pennsylvania Department of Health, and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). We continue to work on safety protocol measures to ensure a safe and healthy environment for you at all of our branches. Taking care of our communities is central to who we are at The Dime Bank and we believe that working together we can keep you, our staff, and our communities healthy.
We appreciate your kindness, understanding, and patience as we get through this together. Thank you for choosing The Dime Bank!
We are here for you today, tomorrow, and always.
President and Chief Executive Officer