Why banking as a career?
Watch a video from PA Bankers Association to get perspectives from seven talented bankers in PA, including our own Raynell Lenz.
We are proud to be part of a community that is the best. Please watch this "Top 10 Reasons Honesdale, PA is The BEST Small Town in America".
Listen to The Dime Bank employees tell you why they love working here:
The Dime Bank, a community bank based in NEPA, is looking to grow and would love for you to consider joining our team!
With approximately 140 employees in eight different locations, everyone strives to assist our customers, our community, as well as one another. Nestled in the scenic Pocono Mountains, we’re just a mere 2.5 hours from Philadelphia, New York City, and the Atlantic coast, giving our team the best of both worlds...
- Outdoor activities: hiking, kayaking, swimming, skiing, snowboarding; AND
- Culture: arts, music, museums, and festivals.
We’re a close-knit family at The Dime Bank. Our employees participate in many fundraising events that help over 150 non-profit, service organizations in Wayne, Pike and Lackawanna Counties. From participating in Relay for Life, Go Red for Women to volunteering for area fire companies and youth sports, Dime Bank directors and employees commit to thousands of hours and dollars to help make our communities the best they can be! Maybe you relate to some of the organizations on this sample listing: American Legion, Black Bear Music Conservancy, Chamber of the Northern Poconos, Habitat for Humanity, Lacawac Sanctuary, March of Dimes, PBA Women in Banking, Salvation Army, Wayne Memorial Hospital.
Promoting from within is an important part of our culture with frequent opportunity for internal postings and advancement along with targeted, on-the-job training offered to all. Career opportunity spans from entry level to senior management, in departments like IT, HR, Marketing, Operations, Electronic Banking, Accounting/Finance, and Credit Analysis as well as those traditionally thought of in banking like Customer Service, Branch Management, and Lending.
We offer fantastic, enviable benefits to all full-time employees, including:
- Paid time off starting at 16 days per year with 5 day increases every 7 years;
- Volunteer time off to help your favorite non-profit(s) for up to 8 hours per year;
- 10 + paid holidays including Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s Day;
- Annual Cash Incentive Plan with payout based on company goal attainment;
- Retirement/401(k) with Fidelity Investments including matching and profit sharing contributions;
- Health insurance with only $50 per pay (bi-weekly) cost sharing for single coverage; Family coverage also available with ease of payroll deduction cost sharing;
- Dental and vision insurance with free employee coverage. Family coverage also available with minimal cost sharing;
- Opportunity to apply for college tuition reimbursement;
- Disability coverage, Life Insurance, Wellness programs, Dress Casual FUNdraising and much more!
Part-time employees also receive a great benefits package which includes paid time off, volunteer time off, paid holidays, inclusion in the Incentive Plan, 401(k) participation with match and profit sharing, as well as opportunity to enroll in the AFLAC, dental, and vision plans with ease of payroll deduction cost sharing.
"I enthusiastically encourage you to consider a career with The Dime Bank. Our institution has a rich and solid history which spans more than 112 years - a true testament to our resiliency and ability to adapt to change. Today, our products and services are delivered electronically, with a focus on our mobile delivery channel. To compliment all of that, we have a fantastic staff that makes it all happen. We’re independent, local, community, progressive, and growing! No matter what area of the financial services industry you’re interested in, please consider joining our team and becoming a member of our special family at The Dime Bank."
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.