- Once enrolled, the following types of transactions will trigger text messages to be sent to your device for you to review:
- International transactions
- Transactions greater than $200.00
- Card not present transactions
- The text will identify The Dime Bank with the name Dime Guardian Alert. The text will include the last four digits of your card number, the name of the merchant and the purchase amount.
- If you think that the purchase transaction is fraudulent, reply immediately to the text as directed. Your card will be blocked from further criminal activity. Please contact your local branch to order a new card.
- If the purchase is legitimate, you don’t need to do anything. If you don’t reply to the text message within 12 hours, the transaction is considered legitimate.
- The number of alerts you receive will be based on your card usage. You will not receive more than one message per transaction for each enrolled card.
Additional Information About the smsGuardian Text Alert Service:
- You may choose to receive text alerts on any device, such as a cell phone or tablet, as long as the device has the ability to send and receive text messages and the use of “short codes” is not blocked. Short codes are special telephone numbers, often five digits long, which are used to send text messages from mobile phones.
- Changing your mobile service provider may require you to re-enroll your mobile device.
- MESSAGE AND DATA RATES MAY APPLY. You are responsible for any text messaging fees from your phone or tablet service carrier. The Dime Bank does not charge a fee for this service.
- All major phone carriers are supported. Some mobile service providers (Sprint, Nextel, Boost, or Virgin) require that every 30 days a message reminding you of your participation in this program is sent.
- If you need help regarding this service, you may reply to an alert message with the word HELP. You may also call (888) 868-8611 or click on the “Service Usage Guide” link on the enrollment website.
- After approximately 12 months of smsGuardian Text Alert Service, when you are approaching your annual renewal date for this service, you will receive a text message that indicates that your Guardian service account expires soon. You will be provided with a unique text message to reply in order to renew the service for another year. Message and data rates may apply; messages per issuer settings. You may reply STOP to cancel the service. Reply HELP for help.
- After you renew the service for another year by texting the unique text message, you will receive the following text message: Guardian subscription has been renewed for an additional year. Msg & Data rates may apply, Msgs per issuer settings. Reply STOP to cancel. Reply HELP for Help.
How Do I Enroll?
- You can enroll your Dime Bank debit cards in this service by clicking on the Enroll button above or by visiting the enrollment website at https://www.cardguardian.com/CardGuardian/signon.do?fid=MW and registering your debit cards and mobile devices.
- You can enroll up to three mobile devices.
- There is a one-year enrollment period. You will be notified prior to the expiration of your account to text a reply to renew. If you do not respond the device will be removed from smsGuardian upon expiration.
- The Dime Bank does not charge a monthly fee for using smsGuardian Text Alert Service.
- Additional terms and conditions apply. Click on the link above or the enroll button to view.
- Under Preferences you may set up a Do-Not-Disturb window which will allow you to determine time periods in which a text should not be sent. The alerts will be stored until the Do-Not-Disturb time period is over, and then the stored alerts will be sent. The Do-Not-Disturb time frame may not exceed 12 hours. Set the time zone to correspond to your location. To cancel the Do-Not-Disturb window, click the Remove Preferences button.
- You may discontinue the receipt of alerts immediately by texting the word “Stop” (without quotes) in reply to a smsGuardian alert. You may unsubscribe from this service entirely on the enrollment website at the above link.
What Will an Alert Look Like?
Example: Dime Guardian Alert Card1234 at BestMart for $599.00. Reply AA123NO if unauthorized. Reply STOP to cancel alerts.
Note: If you text anything different such as “Yes this is fraud” or “Not my transaction” the system will not recognize it and the response will be ignored.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Are security features in place to protect my information?
A: Full cardholder information is not included in smsGuardian text messages.
Q: What happens if I don’t reply to a text?
A: Nothing. If no confirmed fraud response is received, the text message will time out after 12 hours.
Q: Can I receive an alert from smsGuardian AND an alert from The Dime Bank's Fraud Center about the same item?
A: Yes, because these are two different services, it is possible that you could receive duplicate notifications. There is an indicator in the Fraud Center that shows smsGuardian has sent an alert to the cardholder.
Q: Can I transfer funds or view my balance using smsGuardian?
A: No. smsGuardian is used to alert cardholders about their card activity and possible fraud. You can use The Dime Bank's mobile app to access your account information.