- USA Patriot Act
- Dime On Line Home Banking Service Agreement
- The Dime Bank Bill Pay Service Agreement
- Mobile Dime Agreement & Disclosure
- eStatement Agreement & Disclosure
- Dime Deposit Everywhere Terms & Conditions
- Interbank Transfer Service Agreement
- Electronic Fund Transfers
- Digital Wallet Terms & Conditions
- Consumer Overdraft Program
- Funds Availability Disclosure
- Notice of Error Or Information Requests
The Dime Bank respects your privacy. Through our website, we strive to provide valuable information to you about how we may serve you. Whether you are a valued existing customer or someone shopping for new bank services, we hope our site answers your questions about our products and services.
Cookies, (small electronic files placed on your computer), are used by this website to estimate our audience size. Each browser accessing our site is given a unique cookie which is then used to determine whether a user is a first time visitor or a return visitor. This helps us deliver better service by helping us understand whether the majority of those accessing the site are new or repeat visitors.
If you chose to contact us via e-mail, please keep in mind that your e-mail address and any other information in your e-mail header will be revealed to us in the e-mail message. We pledge, however, that when you communicate with us via e-mail, we will use your e-mail information only for the specific purpose of responding to your comments, questions or forms. Your e-mail address will not be sold, nor will it be shared with others outside the bank unless we are compelled to do so by law.
As required by the USA PATRIOT ACT
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT PROCEDURES FOR OPENING A NEW ACCOUNT
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all institutions making financial transactions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. What this means for you:
- When you open an account, we will ask you for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you.
- We may also ask to see your driver’s license or other identifying documents.
- In some cases, identification will be requested for those individuals who are already customers prior to the effective date of the customer identification requirements if original documentation was not obtained with the opening of the account.
As always, protection of your identity and confidentiality remains our pledge to you. Thank you for your understanding and for joining us in securing a safer tomorrow.
THE DIME BANK DIME ON LINE HOME BANKING SERVICE AGREEMENT
This agreement describes your rights and obligations as a user of the Home Banking service, as well as the rights and obligations of The Dime Bank. Please read this agreement carefully. By requesting and using this service, you agree to comply with this agreement.
THE FOLLOWING DEFINITIONS APPLY IN THE AGREEMENT
1) “DOL” – Dime on Line.
2) “Home Banking” is the Internet-based service providing access to your Dime Bank Account(s).
3) “Home Banking Account” is a Dime Bank account from which you will be conducting transactions using an Internet-based Service.
4) “Password” is for use during the initial sign-on, or the password you select after the initial sign-on, that establishes your connection to the Service.
5) “Time of Day” references are to Eastern Standard Time or Eastern Daylight Time as applicable.
6) “We” refers to The Dime Bank which offers the services and which holds the services.
ACCESS TO SERVICES
We will provide instructions on how to use the DOL Home Banking Service. You will gain access to your DOL Home Banking Account(s) through the use of your Internet-enabled device, your Internet Service Provider (ISP), your DOL ID# and Password.
IF YOUR PASSWORD HAS BEEN LOST OR STOLEN
If your password has been lost or stolen, call us immediately at (570) 253-1970 or (888)-4MY-DIME from 8:30 A.M. to 4:00 P.M. Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. If you believe your password has been lost or stolen and you tell us within two (2) business days after you learn of the loss or theft, you can lose no more than $50.00 if someone uses your password without your permission. If you do NOT tell us within two (2) business days after you learn of the loss or theft of your password and we can prove we could have stopped someone from using your password without your permission had you told us, you could lose as much as $500.00.
BANKING TRANSACTIONS WITH DOL HOME BANKING
In addition to viewing account information, you may use DOL Home Banking to transfer funds between your DOL account(s), make loan payments, stop payments, and order checks.
Refer to Electronic Funds Transfers (EFT) disclosure for certain restrictions regarding transfers.
New services may be introduced for DOL Home Banking from time to time. By using these services when they become available, you agree to be bound by the rules which will be made available to you concerning these services.
HOURS OF OPERATION
The services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, except during special maintenance periods. For purposes of transactions, our business days are Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. All DOL Home Banking transaction requests received after 8:00 p.m. on business days and all transactions which are requested on Saturdays, Sundays, or holidays on which we are closed, will be processed on the next business day. Business day begins at 8:30 a.m.
MODIFICATIONS TO THIS AGREEMENT
We may modify the terms and conditions applicable to services from time to time upon mailing or delivering a notice of the modifications to you at the address shown on our account records and the revised terms and conditions shall be effective at the earliest date allowed by law. We reserve the right to terminate this Agreement and your use of the services in whole or in part at any time without prior notice.
You will continue to receive your regular account statement monthly.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
We will disclose information to third parties about your account or the transfers you make:
1) Where it is necessary for completing transfers;
2) In order to verify the existence and condition of your account for a third party, such as a credit bureau or merchant;
3) In order to comply with government or court orders, or other reporting requirements;
4) If you give us your written permission.
INACTIVITY AND TERMINATION
You are responsible for complying with this Agreement and with the terms of the Agreement governing deposit or loan accounts which you access using electronic banking services. We can terminate your electronic banking privileges under this Agreement without notice to you if you do not comply with the Agreement governing your deposit or loan accounts or your accounts are not maintained in good standing. We will promptly notify you if we terminate this Agreement or your use of the services.
If you are not paying a monthly service charge for the service, we may convert your account to inactive status if you do not sign on to the service or have any transaction scheduled through the service during any consecutive 90 day period. If your account is considered inactive, you must contact us to have the service activated before you will be able to schedule any transaction through the service. If your account is inactive for a 180 day period, the system will automatically terminate the ID for security purposes.
To cancel the DOL Home Banking Service, you must notify us in writing stating you are discontinuing DOL Home Banking and provide your name, address, and the effective date to stop the service. You may notify us by one of the following methods:
1) By sending an e-mail by using the contact button provided on The Dime Bank’s account listing page.
2) By writing a letter and either giving it to a customer service representative, branch manager or Electronic Banking department or sending it to the following address:
The Dime Bank, 820 Church Street, P.O. Box 509, Honesdale PA 18431.
This Agreement is governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and applicable federal law.
Fees for The Dime Bank:
- $35.00 – stop payment fee per transaction
- $35.00 – overdraft fee per item that overdraws your checking account
THE DIME BANK BILL PAY SERVICE AGREEMENT
This Bill Pay Service Agreement (herein referred to as the “Agreement”) explains the terms and conditions governing the use of The Dime Bank’s Bill Pay service (herein referred to as “Bill Pay”). You may use the Bill Pay service to direct us to make payments from your designated account(s) to the Payees you choose in accordance with this Agreement.
The terms and conditions of this Agreement are in addition to the Dime Online Home Banking Agreement and any other agreements between you and The Dime Bank, including the applicable deposit account disclosure agreement(s) and terms and conditions, and our rules and regulations as well as your loan agreements with us. You should review the disclosures provided to you when you opened your account(s) with us.
All electronic communications that meet these requirements will be deemed to be valid and authentic and you intend and agree that those electronic communications will be given the same legal effect as written and signed paper communications. You agree that electronic copies of communications are valid and you will not contest the validity of the originals or copies, absent proof of tampering or altered data. You may request a paper copy of any of our agreements be sent to you via standard mail by writing or calling us. Our contact information is provided below under the heading “Termination and Inactivity.”
As used in this Agreement, the following words have the meanings given below:
“Business Day” shall mean every day excluding Saturdays, Sundays and federal holidays.
“Payee” means anyone, including The Dime Bank, you designate and that we accept as a recipient of a bill payment.
“Process Date” is the date you select the funds for a bill payment to be withdrawn from your account and the payment to be processed.
“Bank,” “we,” “us” and “our” are used to refer to The Dime Bank.
“You” or “your” means each person who is authorized to use the Bill Pay service.
How to Set up Payees/Payments
To begin using the service, complete Bill Pay enrollment through The Dime Bank’s Dime On Line service. If you want to add a new payee, use the “Payee” tab located in the Bill Pay service or speak to a service representative. You may add a new payment to a Payee, only if the Payee is on your authorized lists of payees, and by accessing the service and entering the appropriate information. Most other additions, deletions or changes can be made in writing or by using the Bill Pay service. We reserve the right to refuse the designation of a Payee for any reason. Each Payee accepted by us will be assigned a payee code. You may pay any payee you wish in the United States. We are not responsible if a bill payment cannot be made due to incomplete, incorrect or outdated information provided by you regarding a Payee or if you attempt to pay a Payee that is not on your authorized payee list.
The Bill Payment Process
Single Payments. A single payment will be processed on the Business Day that you designate as the payment’s Process Date, provided the payment is submitted prior to the daily cut-off time on that date. The daily cut-off time for bill payments is currently 3:00 pm Eastern time. A single payment submitted after the cut-off time on the designated Process Date will be processed on the following Business Day. If you designate a non-Business Day (generally weekends and certain holidays) as the payment’s Process Date, the payment will be processed on the first Business Day following the designated Process Date.
Recurring Payments. When a recurring payment is processed, it is automatically rescheduled by the system. Based upon your selected frequency settings for the payment, a Process Date is calculated for the next occurrence of the payment. If the calculated Process Date is a non-Business Day (generally weekends and certain holidays), it is adjusted based upon the following rules:
If the recurring payment’s “Pay Before” options is selected, the Process Date for the new occurrence of the payment is adjusted to the first Business Day prior to the calculated Process Date. If the recurring payment’s “Pay After” option is selected (or if the “Pay Before” option is not available), the Process Date for the new occurrence of the payment is adjusted to the first business date after the calculated Process Date. Note: if your frequency settings for the recurring payment specify the 29th, 30th or 31st as a particular day of the month for processing and that day does not exist in the month of the calculated Process Date, then the last calendar day of that month is used as the calculated Process Date.
For Single and Recurring Payments, the system will calculate the Estimated Arrival Date of your payment. This is only an estimate, so please allow ample time for each bill payment to reach the Payee. You should allow at least five (5) Business DAYS, prior to the due date, for each bill payment to reach the Payee. Any bill payment can be cancelled or changed, provided you access the Bill Pay service prior to the cut-off time on the Business Day prior to the Business Day the bill payment is going to be initiated. You agree to have available and collected funds on deposit in the account you designate in amounts sufficient to pay for all bill payments requested, as well as any other payment obligations you have to us. The Bill Pay system will automatically re-try up to 5 business days until the funds are available. If the funds are not available within the 5 business days, the payment will be cancelled. We reserve the right, without liability, to reject or reverse a bill payment if you fail to comply with this requirement or any other terms of this Agreement. If you do not have sufficient funds in your account and we have not exercised our right to reverse or reject a bill payment, you agree to pay for such payment obligations on demand. You further agree that we, at our option, may charge any of your accounts with us to cover such payment obligations.
We reserve the right the change the cut-off time. You will receive notice if we make a change to the cut-off time.
We reserve the right to select the payment method in which we remit your bill payment to a Payee. Bill payments may be processed by check or by Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT). If you choose to Pay a Person, your options are by email, check or direct deposit. Your daily limit to Pay a Person is currently $3000.00. We reserve the right to change this limit at anytime. Please see the Electronic Fund Transfers Disclosure Statement you received when you opened your account, if applicable, which discloses important information concerning your rights and obligations.
Our Bill Pay service is currently available to all Dime On Line customers at no charge for an unlimited number of transactions. We reserve the right to charge for this service, upon notice, in our sole discretion. While the service is available at no cost, there are charges for supplemental, requested services such as expedited payments, gift payments or charitable donations. These charges will only be assessed if you request one of the supplemental services. There will be NO charge for any item if needed to correct a Bank error.
We reserve the right to charge you for research time involving payments no longer available in your screen history. You will be informed of any such charges before they are incurred.
- You are solely responsible for controlling the safekeeping of, and access to, your Dime On Line password, which is used to access the Bill Pay service. If your password has been lost or stolen, call us immediately at 570-253-1970 or 888-4MY-DIME from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. You may also contact in writing at The Dime Bank, 820 Church St. PO Box 509, Honesdale, PA 18431.
If you believe your password had been lost or stolen and you tell us within two (2) Business Days after you learn of the loss or theft, you can lose no more than $50.00 if someone uses your password without your permission. If you do NOT tell us within two (2) Business Days after you learn of the loss or theft of your password, and we can prove we could have stopped someone from using your password without your permission had you told us, you could lose as much as $500.00.
Also, if your statement shows transfers you did not make, including those made by card, code or other means, tell us at once. If you do not tell us within sixty (60) days after the statement was transmitted to you, you may not receive back any money you lost after the sixty (60) days, and therefore, you could lose all the money in your account (plus your maximum overdraft line of credit, if applicable), if we can prove that we could have stopped someone from taking the money had you given us notice in time. If extenuating circumstances (such as a long trip or hospital stay) keep you from giving the notice, we may extend the liability time periods.
- You are liable for all transactions you make or that you authorize another person to make ever if that person exceeds his or her authority. If you want to terminate another person’s authority, you must notify us immediately.
- You will be responsible for any bill payment request that you make that contains an error or is a duplicate of another bill payment.
- We are not responsible for a bill payment that is not made if you did not properly follow the instructions for making a bill payment.
- We are not liable for any failure to make a bill payment if you fail to notify us after you learn that you have not received credit from a Payee for a bill payment.
- We are not responsible for your acts or omissions or those of any other person, including, without limitation, any transmission or communications facility, and no such party shall be deemed to be our agent.
- In any event, we will be not liable for any special, consequential, incidental or punitive damages, or expenses in connection with this Agreement or the service, even if we have knowledge of the possibility of them.
- We are not liable for any act, failure to act or delay in acting if it is caused, in whole or in part, by any cause beyond our control.
Change in Terms and Amendments
We may change any term of this Agreement at any time. If the change would result in increased fees for any Bill Pay services, increased liability for you, or stricter limitations on the frequency or dollar amount of transfers, we agree to give you at least 21 days notice before the effective date of any such change, unless an immediate change is necessary to maintain the security of an account or electronic funds transfer system. We will post any required notice of the change in terms on our website or forward it to you by email or postal mail. If advance notice of the change is not required, and disclosure does not jeopardize the security of the account or our electronic funds transfer system, we will notify you of the change in terms within 30 days after the change becomes effective. Your continued use of any or all of the subject Bill Pay services indicates your acceptance of the change in terms.
Termination and Inactivity
This Agreement continues in full force and effect until terminated. You may terminate this Agreement and your use of our Bill Pay services at any time by calling us at 570-253-1970 or by sending a written termination notice to us at PO Box 509 Honesdale, PA 18431. You authorize us to complete any bill payments made before we have had a reasonable opportunity to act upon your termination notice. You remain obligated for any payments made by us on your behalf.
You agree that we may terminate this Agreement and your use of Bill Pay services at any time without cause or prior notice. We reserve the right to temporarily suspend the Bill Pay service in situations deemed appropriate by us, at our sole and absolute discretion, including when we believe a breach of system security has occurred or is being attempted. We may consider repeated incorrect attempt to enter your password as an indication of an attempted security breach.
If you are not paying a monthly service charge for the Bill Pay service, we may convert your account to an inactive status if you do not sign on to the service for a period of 180 days or have any transactions scheduled through the service for a period of 180 days or your Pay From Account is closed or in a status that is not able to accept transactions. If your bill pay account is considered inactive, you must contact us to have the service activated before you will be able to schedule any transaction through the service. If your Dime On Line ID is inactive for a 180-day period, the system will automatically place it in a dormant status and you will have to contact us to reestablish your ID.
THE DIME BANK MOBILE DIME AGREEMENT AND DISCLOSURE ONLINE BANKING ADDENDUM
The Dime Bank endeavors to provide you with the highest quality Mobile Banking (the "Service") available. By enrolling in the Service, you agree to all the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement and Disclosure (the "Agreement").
We may offer additional Mobile Banking services and features in the future. Any such added Mobile Banking services and features will be governed by this Agreement and by any terms and conditions provided to you at the time the new Mobile Banking service or feature is added and/or at the time of enrollment for the feature or service, if applicable. From time to time, we may amend these terms and modify or cancel the Mobile Banking services we offer without notice, except as may be required by Law.
As used in this Agreement and Mobile Banking services, the following words have the meanings given below:
"Account(s)" means your eligible Dime Bank Checking, Savings, Loans, CDs, Safe Deposit Box information and other Dime Bank products that can be accessed through Mobile Banking.
"Device" means a supportable mobile device including a cellular phone or other mobile device that is web-enabled and allows secure SSL traffic which is also capable of receiving text messages. Your wireless carrier may assess you fees for data or text messaging services. Please consult your wireless plan or provider for details.
"Mobile Banking" means the banking services accessible from the Device you have registered with us for Mobile Banking.
"You" and "Your(s)," mean each person with authorized access to your Account(s) who applies and uses the Mobile Banking service.
"We," "Us," and "Bank" means The Dime Bank.
III. Mobile Banking Service
A. Description of Service. Mobile Banking is offered as a convenience and supplemental service to our Online Banking services. It is not intended to replace access to Online Banking from your personal computer or other methods you use for managing your accounts and services with us. Mobile Banking allows you to access your Dime Bank account information, make payments to payees, transfer funds and conduct other banking transactions. To utilize the Mobile Banking Service, you must be enrolled to use Online Banking and then activate your Device within the Online Banking system. We reserve the right to limit the types and number of accounts eligible and the right to refuse to make any transaction you request through Mobile Banking. We may also reserve the right to modify the scope of the Service at any time.
Mobile Banking may not be accessible or may have limited utility over some network carriers. In addition, the Service may not be supportable for all Devices. The Dime Bank cannot guarantee and is not responsible for the availability of data services provided by your mobile carrier, such as data outages or "out of range" issues.
B. Use of Service. In order to properly use Mobile Banking, you should review and follow the instructions provided on our website. You agree to accept responsibility for learning how to use Mobile Banking in accordance with the online instructions and agree that you will contact us directly if you have any problems with Mobile Banking. We may modify the Service from time to time at our sole discretion. In the event of any modifications, you are responsible for making sure you understand how to use Mobile Banking as modified. You also accept responsibility for making sure that you know how to properly use your Device and we will not be liable to you for any losses caused by your failure to properly use the Service or your Device.
C. Other Agreements. You agree that, when you use Mobile Banking, you remain subject to the terms and conditions of your existing agreements with any unaffiliated service providers, including, but not limited to, your mobile service provider and that this Agreement does not amend or supersede any of those agreements. You understand that those agreements may provide for fees, limitations and restrictions which might impact your use of Mobile Banking (such as data usage or text messaging charges imposed on you by your mobile service provider for your use of or interaction with Mobile Banking), and you agree to be solely responsible for all such fees, limitations and restrictions. You agree that only your mobile service provider is responsible for its products and services. Accordingly, you agree to resolve any problems with your provider directly without involving us.
Any deposit account, loan or other banking product accessed through this Service is also subject to the Account Agreements and Disclosures provided at the time of Account opening. You should review the Account disclosures carefully, as they may include transaction limitations and fees which might apply to your use of Mobile Banking.
IV. Permitted Mobile Banking Transfers
You may use the Service to transfer funds between your eligible The Dime Bank Accounts ("Internal Transfer"). You may not transfer to or from an Account at another financial institution using Mobile Banking.
If you submit your transfer request prior to the deadline established by us for Mobile Banking transfer service, you will initiate an immediate Internal Transfer via Mobile Banking. Transfer transaction requests received after 8:00p.m. EST on business days and all transactions which are requested on Saturdays, Sundays, or holidays on which the Bank chooses to remain closed, will be processed on the Bank's next business day.
You must have sufficient funds available in the selected account at the time the transfer request is received, including any available overdraft protection. We may process transfers that exceed your available balance at our sole discretion. If we process the transfer and unless your overdraft protection is provided via an Overdraft Line of Credit, you agree to cover any overdraft amount plus any applicable fees.
Federal regulations require financial institutions to limit the way withdrawals may be made from a savings or money market account. Each transfer from a savings or money market account using Mobile Banking is counted as one of the six limited transactions permitted each monthly statement cycle period, as described in the Deposit Account Agreement and Disclosures. You may be subject to fees or account conversion if you exceed the transactions limits of your Account using Mobile Banking or any other methods outlined in your Deposit Account Agreement and Disclosures.
We may also limit the type, frequency and amount of transfers for security purposes and may change or impose the limits without notice, at our option.
You agree to confirm the completion of each transfer in your account balance and transaction history before withdrawing transferred funds.
V. Your Responsibilities
You represent and agree to the following by enrolling for Mobile Banking or by using the Service:
A. Account Ownership/Accurate Information. You represent that you are the legal owner of the Accounts and other financial information which may be accessed via Mobile Banking. You represent and agree that all information you provide to us in connection with Mobile Banking is accurate, current and complete, and that you have the right to provide such information to us for the purpose of using Mobile Banking. You agree not to misrepresent your identity or your account information. You agree to keep your account information up to date and accurate. You represent that you are an authorized user of the Device you will use to access Mobile Banking.
B. User Security. You agree to take every precaution to ensure the safety, security and integrity of your account and transactions when using Mobile Banking. You agree not to leave your Device unattended while logged into Mobile Banking and to log off immediately at the completion of each access by you. You agree not to provide your username, password or other access information to any unauthorized person. If you permit other persons to use your Device, login information, or other means to access Mobile Banking, you are responsible for any transactions they authorize and we will not be liable for any damages resulting to you. You agree not to use any personally identifiable information when creating shortcuts to your Account.
We make no representation that any content or use of Mobile Banking is available for use in locations outside of the United States. Accessing Mobile Banking from locations outside of the United States is at your own risk.
C. User Conduct. You agree not to use Mobile Banking or the content or information delivered through Mobile Banking in any way that would: (a) infringe any third-party copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of privacy, including any rights in the Software; (b) be fraudulent or involve the sale of counterfeit or stolen items, including, but not limited to, use of Mobile Banking to impersonate another person or entity; (c) violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation (including, but not limited to, those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising); (d) be false, misleading or inaccurate; (e) create liability for us or our affiliates or service providers, or cause us to lose (in whole or in part) the services of any of our service providers; (f) be defamatory, trade libelous, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing; (g) potentially be perceived as illegal, offensive or objectionable; (h) interfere with or disrupt computer networks connected to Mobile Banking; (i) interfere with or disrupt the use of Mobile Banking by any other user; or (j) use Mobile Banking in such a manner as to gain unauthorized entry or access to the computer systems of others.
D. No Commercial Use or Re-Sale. You agree that the Service is only for the personal or business use of individuals authorized to access your account information. You agree not to make any commercial use of Mobile Banking or resell, lease, rent or distribute access to Mobile Banking.
E. Indemnification. Unless caused by our intentional misconduct or gross negligence, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless The Dime Bank its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents, service providers, and licensors from any and all third party claims, liability, damages, expenses and costs (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys' fees) caused by or arising from (a) a third party claim, dispute, action, or allegation of infringement, misuse, or misappropriation based on information, data, files, or otherwise in connection with the Service; (b) your violation of any law or rights of a third party; or (c) your use, or use by a third party, of Mobile Banking.
Please contact us at 570-253-1970 with any questions you may have regarding the above information and disclaimers.
ESTATEMENT DISCLOSURE AND AGREEMENT
This Agreement ("Agreement") is made between you and The Dime Bank ("we," "us," or the "Bank") and provides your request and consent to receive statements, documents and notices for your account(s) by electronic delivery. These statements, documents and notices are collectively referred to as "eStatements."
By clicking on "I Agree" below, you agree that we may provide you with your periodic banking account statements, including, but not limited to, any future statements, and any other notices that you elect to receive in electronic form. Once enrolled, you will receive your next statement by U.S. mail and by email notification, and from then on, you will only receive your statement notification by email. At our discretion, notices and other documents may also be made available to you electronically. By clicking "I Agree" you also demonstrate that you are able to open the sample statement which can be accessed by the attached link.
We recommend you print and keep a copy of this eStatement Disclosure and Agreement.
You must be a Dime On Line customer to enroll in eStatements and have at least one demand deposit, savings or loan account with us.
Access/Hardware and Software Requirements
A current Adobe Acrobat Reader® version is required to open and view your eStatements. To download that latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader® go to https://get.adobe.com.reader. We also recommend that you use the latest browser version available that supports 128-bit SSL encryption.
Your eStatements will be sent to the email address that is on file within eStatements. It is your responsibility to keep your email address updated on Dime On Line within the eStatements tab, or by contacting us directly (refer to the Contact Us section for instructions).
eStatements are sent as a "shell" .pdf without customer data via an email attachment. Once you log into the eStatements attachment, your ID and password are authenticated and the data fills the PDF document. The data included in the eStatement is streamed via a secure 128-bit SSL encryption.
® Acrobat and Reader are registered trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and in other countries. This product is not endorsed or sponsored by Adobe Systems Incorporated, publisher of Acrobat Reader.
You are responsible for obtaining, installing, maintaining and operating all device hardware and software necessary for receiving and reviewing eStatements, which includes an up-to-date commercially reasonable method of anti-virus protection. We will not be responsible for any errors or failures from the malfunction or failure of your hardware or software.
eStatements can be printed or saved to a file on your personal access device (i.e., your computer) for easy storage. You can also access your available eStatements by logging into Dime On Line and clicking on the eStatements tab.
We will use commercially reasonable efforts to deliver your eStatements in a timely manner and in accordance with any timeframes required by law. However, we will incur no liability if we are unable to delivery your eStatements because of the existence of any one or more of the following circumstances: (a) our website or Dime On Line is not working properly and you know or have been advised by us of the malfunction; (b) the email address you provided for eStatement delivery is invalid, incorrect and/or outdated; or (c) circumstances beyond our control (including, but not limited to, fire, flood, war, interruption in telephone service or other communication lines, interference from an outside force, legal restriction or delays in mail service) prevent proper delivery and we have taken reasonable precautions to avoid those circumstances.
Your Dime On Line ID and password are your keys to eStatements. You agree not to allow any unauthorized individuals access to this service through use of your Dime On Line ID, password and device used to access the service. You agree that we have no control as to the persons who have access to your access devices, and therefore cannot be held liable for such an occurrence. You agree that it is your responsibility to initiate and maintain the highest level of security procedures to protect your personal access devices(s).
No one from the Bank will ever ask you for your password. You should never give your password to anyone who asks for it in an email, text or phone or anyone else who you do not want to have access to your account.
Notice of Unauthorized Access
If you have difficulty accessing your eStatements, or if you believe that someone has obtained access to your eStatements without your permission, immediately contact us as described in the Contact Us section.
There are currently no fees for the electronic delivery of eStatements. However, you agree that we have the right to institute or change the fees for eStatements upon thirty (30) days prior notice to you.
Duty to Review eStatements
You must promptly access/review your eStatement and any accompanying items and notify us in writing immediately of any error, unauthorized transaction, or any other irregularity. If you allow someone else to access your eStatement, you are still fully responsible to review the eStatement for any errors, unauthorized transactions or any other irregularities. Any applicable time periods within which you must notify us of any errors of your eStatement shall begin on the eStatement notification date regardless of when you access and/or review your eStatement. If you do not immediately report to us any non-receipt of eStatements or any error, irregularity, discrepancies, claims or unauthorized debits or items, you shall be deemed conclusively to have accepted all matters contained in the eStatements to be true, accurate and correct in all respects.
You agree to waive and release any claims against us arising out of or that may in any way be related to the use of eStatements, except for those claims resulting solely from the negligent acts or omissions of the Bank, its employees and/or agents. You agree that you are solely responsible for any loss due to the use of eStatements by you, any authorized used, or any unauthorized user or recipient who gains access to eStatements through your personal access device(s) or information obtained directly or indirectly from you.
You may contact us as follows:
By telephone: Electronic Banking Department 570-253-1970
By secure email via the "Contact" link on Dime On Line
By U.S. mail: The Dime Bank, Attention: Electronic Banking Department, P.O. Box 509, Honesdale, PA 18431
In person: At any of our branch locations
Termination and Withdrawing Consent
You can withdraw your consent to receive eStatements at any time, thereby terminating eStatements by logging into your Dime On Line account and changing your eStatement setting from the Documents and Settings tab. Once your consent is withdrawn, paper statements, i.e. non-electronic will be issued to you as early as your next statement depending on the timing of the un-enrollment. A paper statement fee may apply. Please refer to your Truth in Savings Disclosure.
We have the right to terminate our obligation to provide eStatements to you upon ten (10) days prior notice.
This Agreement is subject to, and shall be governed by and interpreted with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, without regard to such state’s rules regarding conflict of laws and without regard to your state of residence. The venue for all litigation relating directly or indirectly to the Agreement shall be in a court of competent jurisdiction in Pennsylvania.
THE DIME BANK DIME DEPOSIT EVERYWHERE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The Dime Deposit Everywhere service (hereinafter, referred to as “DDE”) provides you the ability to access and make remote deposits to your designated eligible accounts at The Dime Bank (hereinafter, referred to as “TDB”). The DDE service is designed to take advantage of the 21st Century Act and its regulations (collectively, "Check 21"), which permits you to scan an image (a "check image") of an original paper check ("original check(s)") drawn on a United States financial institution and to electronically submit such check image via a compatible handheld device or flatbed scanner to TDB for remote deposit.
1. Your use of the DDE service is subject to the following requirements:
- You must request access, qualify, and obtain approval from TDB to use the DDE service.
- A check image submitted to TDB electronically for deposit is not received until TDB accepts and confirms receipt. TDB is not responsible for check images not received or lost during transmission. TDB will send an email to your address on file to confirm receipt or rejection of your check image deposit.
- You may scan and submit check images for deposit to TDB within the dollar limits ("deposit limits") established for you by TDB. TDB, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to limit the frequency and dollar amount of deposits submitted through the DDE service and at any time raise or lower your deposit limits. If you exceed your deposit limits TDB may, in its sole discretion, accept or refuse the check image deposit.
- By requesting access to the DDE service, you authorize TDB to provide you with access to all of your TDB eligible accounts you designate to participate. Current DDE eligible accounts include: checking, savings, and money market accounts.
- The endorsement on the check must include the words: mobile deposit. For example: John Doe, mobile deposit.
- You must immediately notify the bank upon identification of a keying error on your part.
2. Funds deposited via DDE that exceed your deposit limit may be rejected or may not be available until the following business day and may take up to two business days. Scanning and submitting check image deposits does not constitute receipt of deposit by TDB. Any check image deposit received after 8:00 p.m., Eastern Standard Time on any business day or any check image deposit received on Saturdays, Sundays, and Federal holidays will generally be processed on TDB's next business day. Funds deposited via DDE may not be available until the following business day. Acknowledgment of receipt by TDB does not mean that the deposit was received error free and TDB reserves the right to charge back your account at any time. For further information, please refer to the banks Funds Availability Disclosure.
3. You agree that you will use the DDE service to scan only original checks payable to and properly endorsed to you or your business, drawn on financial institutions in the United States with a valid ABA/Routing Number and denominated in U.S. dollars, and intended for deposit to your designated account with TDB.
4. You understand that TDB is not obligated to accept for deposit any check image that TDB, in its sole discretion, determines to be ineligible. Ineligible deposit items include, but are not limited to: (a) failure to comply with the requirements set forth by any regulatory agency, clearing house or association, (b) check images of items drawn on banks located outside the United States, and (c) check images that are illegible or otherwise unable to be read properly. You acknowledge and agree that even if TDB does not identify a check image as ineligible, the check image may be returned to TDB because, among other reasons, the check image or any Substitute Check created from the check image is deemed ineligible by the financial institution upon which it is drawn or any intermediate collecting financial institution. TDB's failure to identify a check image you transmit to TDB as ineligible shall not preclude or limit your obligations.
5. You shall maintain any check you transmit to TDB for at least 14 calendar days from the date of transmittal or until receipt of your next statement, whichever comes later. After such time, you shall promptly destroy the check. You are solely responsible if an original check is misused following submission by check. Until such time that the check is destroyed, it is expected that you will securely maintain original checks due to the confidential nature of the information contained on the checks.
6. You make the following representations and warranties:
- You shall fully comply with the terms described herein and all applicable rules, laws and regulations and all information you provide to TDB is accurate and true.
- You shall not alter any original check or check image and shall review the check image to ensure that it is accurate.
- You shall not submit to TDB or to any other person or entity for deposit or credit any original check if a check image of the original check has already been submitted and accepted for deposit into your account with TDB or by such other person or entity.
- You shall not deposit into your account with TDB or any other person or entity, or otherwise negotiate or transfer to anyone, any original check that you submitted as a check image deposit to TDB, unless following receipt of your submission, TDB notifies you that the check image is ineligible and not accepted for deposit or that the check image or any Substitute Check created from the image is refused by the financial institution upon which it is drawn.
- You shall exclusively use the DDE service for your own personal, home office, or applicable small business use. You shall not make the DDE service available or transfer your rights to use the DDE service to any third party. You agree to take every precaution to ensure the safety, security and integrity of your account and transactions when using Mobile Banking. You agree not to leave your Device unattended while logged into Mobile Banking and to log off immediately at the completion of each access by you. You agree not to provide your username, password or other access information to any unauthorized person. If you permit other persons to use your Device, login information, or other means to access Mobile Banking, you are responsible for any transactions they authorize and we will not be liable for any damages resulting to you. You agree not to use any personally identifiable information when creating shortcuts to your Account.
- You shall indemnify, defend, and hold TDB and its agents harmless from and against any and all liability, damage and/or loss arising from any claims, suits, or demands, brought with respect to any warranty provision herein.
7. TDB may charge a fee for the DDE service. All fees and charges related to any account you access with the DDE are stated in your applicable Fee Schedule. TDB may change the fees and charges in any applicable Fee Schedule at any time.
8. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. YOU AGREE YOUR USE OF THE DDE SERVICE AND ALL INFORMATION AND CONTENT (INCLUDING THAT OF THIRD PARTIES) IS AT YOUR RISK AND IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. TDB DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND AS TO THE USE OF THE SERVICES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. TDB MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE DDE SERVICE (i) WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (ii) WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR FREE, (iii) THAT THE RESULTS OBTAINED FROM THE DDE SERVICE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, AND (iv) THAT ANY ERRORS IN THE SERVICES OR TECHNOLOGY WILL BE CORRECTED. IN NO EVENT WILL TBD BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, OR INDIRECT DAMAGE ARISING OUT OF THE USE, MISUSE OR INABILITY TO USE THE DDE SERVICE OR FOR ANY LOSS OF DATA, EVEN IF TDB HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
9. You agree that TDB may provide you with all disclosures, notices, and other communications about the DDE service, and any future amendments, changes, or additions to this Agreement, in electronic form. TDB will provide all future updates to this Agreement by posting such update on its website. Paper copies of this Agreement and all updates thereto will only be available upon request (Electronic Banking Department 570-253-1970). Your consent to receive notices and updates in electronic form only will apply for as long as you use the DDE service. You may withdraw your consent at any time by choosing to cancel the DDE service. TDB may amend or change the terms and conditions stated in this Agreement by giving notice to you at least the minimum notice required by law or regulation before the effective date of the amendment or change. Prior notice need not be given where an immediate change in terms or conditions is necessary to maintain or restore the security of the DDE service or the safety of TDB's relationship with you or is otherwise required immediately by law or applicable regulation. TDB shall thereafter promptly advise you of any such change in writing.
10. Any agreement you may have with any unaffiliated service providers, including, but not limited to, your telecommunications carrier or provider, remains in full force and effect. You understand that other agreements you may have with unaffiliated service providers may provide for fees, limitations, and restrictions which might impact your use of DDE (for example, your mobile service carrier or provider may impose data usage charges for your use of or interaction with the DDE service or other use of your Mobile Device when using the DDE service), and you agree to be solely responsible for all such fees, limitations and restrictions. You agree that only your telecommunications carrier or provider is responsible for its products and services. Accordingly, you agree to resolve any problems with your carrier or provider directly with such carrier or provider without involving us. You also agree that if you have any problems with the DDE service, you will contact us directly.
11. By using the DDE service you accept the risk that an item may be intercepted or misdirected during transmission. TDB bears no liability to you or others for any such intercepted or misdirected items or information disclosed through such errors.
12. You agree to cooperate with us in the investigation of unusual transactions, poor quality transmissions, and resolution of customer claims, including by providing, upon request and without further cost to us, any originals or copies of items deposited through the DDE service in your possession and your records relating to such items and transmissions.
13. TDB may terminate your DDE service at any time for any reason.
14. You understand and agree that you are required to indemnify TDB and its agents and hold TDB and its agents harmless against any and all claims, actions, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses arising from your use of the DDE service. You agree that this paragraph shall survive the termination of this Agreement.
15. The following is applicable to business accounts. "Business accounts" mean sole proprietorships, partnerships, limited liability companies, corporations, and other forms of business organization that are not "consumer" accounts and are not maintained primarily for personal, family, or household purposes. For business accounts using the DDE service, TDB is not responsible for any loss, injury or damage, whether direct, indirect, special, consequential, exemplary, economic or otherwise, caused by the DDE service. By using the DDE service to access your business accounts, you are responsible for any unauthorized use of the DDE service and any loss or damages incurred due to the unauthorized access to your business accounts.
If your deposit activity through the DDE service exceeds your deposit limits, TDB reserves the right to disable your access and provide you with information on other available business banking electronic deposit options.
If any person authorized access through the DDE service to conduct transactions on any business account is no longer authorized, it is your responsibility to notify TDB. TDB shall not be liable or responsible to you for any transactions conducted on a business account by any person whose authority to conduct transactions is no longer in effect until TDB is expressly notified.
THE DIME BANK INTERBANK TRANSFER SERVICE AGREEMENT
You have requested to enroll in the Financial Institution Transfer Service (“Service”). This Service allows you to transfer funds between your linked personal deposit accounts at The Dime Bank and certain deposit accounts at other financial institutions. An inbound transfer moves funds into an account at The Dime Bank. An outbound transfer moves funds from an account at The Dime Bank to an account outside of The Dime Bank. You will need to enroll each of your non-Financial Institution accounts that you wish to use for this Service. You agree that you will only attempt to enroll accounts for which you have the authority to transfer funds. All accounts requested to be used as part of this Service will be verified in accordance with The Dime Bank procedures. The verification process must be completed by you prior to using the Service. You will have seven (7) days after enrolling an account to complete the verification process. Verification instructions are displayed to you during the enrollment process.
Funds requested to be transferred will be debited from/credited to your Dime Bank account the business day following the day you initiate the transfer, provided you have met the cutoff time for submitting Interbank transfers. In the case of a future dated or recurring transfer, these time limits will be the business day following the scheduled date of the transfer. The cutoff time for initiating transfers is 1:45p.m. EST. Funds requested to be transferred will be debited from/credited to the non-Dime Bank account according to the receiving Financial Institution’s availability and transaction processing schedule.
Request for immediate transfers of funds cannot be cancelled. Future dated and recurring transfers can be canceled by 1:45 p.m. EST the day prior to the scheduled transfer date. If the transfer status is In Process, Pending, or Processed, you cannot cancel the transfer. There currently are no fees for Inbound or Outbound transfers to The Dime Bank. Fees are subject to change. Transfers are subject to the following limits unless otherwise agreed upon by you and Financial Institution:
1.Three inbound transfers per day not to exceed a total of $3,000.00
2. Three outbound transfers per day not to exceed a total of $3,000.00
The above limits apply to the total of all Interbank transfers for all accounts enrolled in the Service. We may change your dollar limits and transfer limits at any time. We reserve the right to decline to effect any transfer. We reserve the right to revise or terminate this Agreement and your use of the service, in whole or in part, at any time.
You understand that we must rely on the information provided by you and you authorize us to act on any instruction which has been or reasonably appears to have been sent by you, to submit transfer instructions on your behalf. You understand that if you provide us with incorrect information or if there is any error in your instruction, you accept full responsibility for losses resulting from any of your errors, duplication, ambiguities or fraud in the information that you provide. If any information you provide is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, without limiting other remedies, The Dime Bank reserves the right to recover from you any costs or losses incurred as a direct or indirect result of the inaccurate or incomplete information. Although the Interbank Transfer service is available via Dime On Line 24 hours a day, the bank shall incur no liability if we are unable to complete any transfer initiated by you because of the existence of any one or more of the following circumstances:
1.If, through no fault of The Dime Bank, your account does not contain sufficient funds to complete the transaction or
2. Circumstances beyond our control (such as, but not limited to, fire, flood, or interference from an outside force) prevent the proper execution of the transaction.
Unless specifically listed in this agreement, this Service is subject to the definitions and terms of the Dime On Line Home Banking Service Agreement signed by you when opening your Dime On Line Home Banking account or any amendments thereto. A current copy of the Dime On Line Home Banking Service Agreement can be viewed here.
For questions, or if you need assistance with the enrollment process, please contact the Electronic Banking department at 570-253-1970 or email us at [email protected] You may also send us a secure message by clicking on the “Contact Us” link after login in to Dime On Line.
THE DIME BANK ELECTRONIC FUND TRANSFERS YOUR RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Electronic Fund Transfers we are capable of handling for consumers are indicated below, some of which may not apply to your account. Some of these may not be available at all terminals. Please read this disclosure carefully because it tells you your rights and obligations for these transactions. You should keep this notice for future reference.
TYPES OF TRANSFERS, FREQUENCY, AND DOLLAR LIMITATIONS
(a) Prearranged Transfers.
- Preauthorized credits. You may make arrangements for certain direct deposits to be accepted into your checking and/or savings account(s).
- Preauthorized payments. You may make arrangements to pay certain recurring bills from your checking account(s).
(b) Telephone Transfers. You may access your account(s) by telephone toll-free at 866-342-5633 using a touch tone phone, your account numbers, and PIN to:
- Transfer funds from checking to savings;
- Transfer funds from savings to checking;
- Transfer funds from checking and savings account to club accounts;
- Make payments from checking to loan accounts with us;
- Get checking account(s) information;
- Get savings account(s) information.
(c) ATM Transfers. You may access your account(s) by ATM using your MasterMoney debit card and personal identification number to:
- Make deposits to checking account(s);
- Make deposits to savings account(s);
- Get cash withdrawals from checking account(s). You may withdraw no more than $500.00 per day;
- Get cash withdrawals from savings account(s). You may withdraw no more than $500.00 per day;
- Transfer funds from savings to checking;
- Transfer funds from checking to savings;
- Get checking account(s) information;
- Get savings account(s) information;
- Withdrawals from business checking may be no more than $1,000.00 per day.
(d) Point-Of-Sale Transactions. Using your card:
- You may access your checking account to purchase goods in person, by phone, by computer;
- Pay for services in person, by phone;
- Get cash from a merchant, if the merchant permits, or from a participating financial institution;
- Do anything that a participating merchant will accept;
- You may not exceed more than $1,000.00 in transactions per day;
- Purchases with a business debit card can be no more than $5,000.00 per day.
(e) Computer Transfers. You may access your account(s) by computer by logging on to www.thedimebank.com and using your user ID and password to:
- Transfer funds from checking to savings;
- Transfer funds from savings to checking;
- Transfer funds from checking and savings to club accounts;
- Make payments from checking to loan accounts with us;
- Using Bill Pay service;
- Transfer funds between your checking and savings accounts at The Dime Bank and your checking and savings accounts at other financial institutions.
(f) Mobile Banking Transfers. You may access your account(s) by web-enabled cell phone by typing https://airteller.com/thedimebank and using your cell phone, and user ID and password to:
- Transfer funds from checking to savings;
- Transfer funds from savings to checking;
- Transfer funds from checking and savings to club accounts;
- Make payments from checking to loan accounts with us;
- Make payments from savings to loan accounts with us;
- Get checking account(s) information;
- Get savings account(s) information;
- Get loan or club information;
- Pay bills to payees currently set up on Dime On Line;
- All accounts designated must have transfer selected upon enrollment;
- You may be charged access fees by your cell phone provider based on your individual plan. Web access is needed to use this service. Check with your cell phone provider for details on specific fees and charges.
(g) Electronic Fund Transfers Initiated By Third Parties. You may authorize a third party to initiate electronic fund transfers between your account and the third party’s account. These transfers to make or receive payment may be one-time occurrences or may recur as directed by you. These transfers may use the Automated Clearing House (ACH) or other payments network. Your authorization to the third party to make these transfers can occur in a number of ways. For example, your authorization to convert a check to an electronic fund transfer or to electronically pay a returned check charge can occur when a merchant provides you with notice and you go forward with the transaction (typically, at the point of purchase, a merchant will post sign and print the notice on a receipt). In all cases, these third party transfers will require you to provide the third party with your account number and financial institution information. This information can be found on your check as well as on a deposit or withdrawal slip. Thus, you should only provide your financial institution and account information (whether over the phone, the Internet, or via some other method) to trusted third parties whom you have authorized to initiate these electronic fund transfers. Examples of these transfers include, but are not limited to:
- Electronic check conversion. You may authorize a merchant or other payee to make a onetime electronic payment from your checking account using information from your check to pay for purchases or pay bills.
- Electronic returned check charge. You may authorize a merchant or other payee to initiate an electronic fund transfer to collect a charge in the event a check is returned for insufficient funds.
In addition to those limitations on transfers elsewhere described, if any, the following limitations apply:
- Transfers or withdrawals from a savings and money market account to another account of yours or to a third party by means of a preauthorized or automatic transfer or telephone order or instruction, computer transfer, or by check, draft, debit card or similar order to a third party, are limited to six (6) per statement cycle. If you exceed the transfer limitations set forth above, your account shall be subject to closure.
- A $12.00 excess debit fee will be assessed for those transactions exceeding the above limitations.
ATM Operator/Network Fees: When you use an ATM not owned by us, you may be charged a fee by the ATM operator or any network used (and you may be charged a fee for a balance inquiry even if you do not complete a fund transfer).
(a) Terminal Transfers. You can get a receipt at the time you make a transfer to or from your account using a(n):
- Automated teller machine;
- Point-of-sale terminal. You may not get a receipt if the amount of the transfer is $15.00 or less.
(b) Preauthorized Credits. If you have arranged to have direct deposits made to your account at least once every 60 days from the same person or company, you can call us at 570-253-1970 to find out whether or not the deposit has been made.
(c) In Addition, You will get a monthly account statement from us, unless there are no transfers in a particular month. In any case you will get a statement at least quarterly.
(a) Right to stop payment and procedure for doing so. If you have told us in advance to make regular payments out of your account, you can stop any of these payments. Here's how: Call us at 570-253-1970 or write us at The Dime Bank, 820 Church Street, PO Box 509, Honesdale PA 18431 in time for us to receive your request three (3) business days or more before the payment is scheduled to be made. If you call, we may also require you to put your request in writing and get it to us within 14 days after you call. We charge $35.00 for each stop payment.
(b) Notice of varying amounts. If these regular payments may vary in amount, the person you are going to pay will tell you, 10 days before each payment, when it will be made and how much it will be. (You may choose instead to get this notice only when the payment would differ by more than a certain amount from the previous payment, or when the amount would fall outside certain limits that you set.)
(c) Liability for failure to stop payment of preauthorized transfer. If you order us to stop one of these payments three (3) business days or more before the transfer is scheduled, and we do not do so, we will be liable for your losses or damages.
FINANCIAL INSTITUTION'S LIABILITY
(a) Liability for failure to make transfers. If we do not complete a transfer to or from your account on time or in the correct amount according to our agreement with you, we will be liable for your losses or damages. However, there are some exceptions. We will not be liable, for instance:
- If, through no fault of ours, you do not have enough money in your account to make the transfer;
- If the transfer would go over the credit limit on your overdraft line;
- If the automated teller machine where you are making the transfer does not have enough cash;
- If the terminal or system was not working properly and you knew about the breakdown when you started the transfer;
- If circumstances beyond our control (such as fire or flood) prevent the transfer, despite reasonable precautions that we have taken;
- There may be other exceptions stated in our agreement with you.
We will disclose information to third parties about your account or the transfers you make:
- Where it is necessary for completing transfers; or
- In order to verify the existence and condition of your account for a third party, such as a credit bureau or merchant; or
- In order to comply with government agency or court orders; or
- If you give us written permission as explained in the separate Privacy Disclosure
(a) Consumer Liability. Tell us at once if you believe your card and/or code has been lost or stolen, or if you believe that an electronic fund transfer has been made without your permission using information from your check. Telephoning is the best way of keeping your possible losses down. You could lose all the money in your account (plus your maximum overdraft line of credit). If you tell us within two (2) business days after you learn of the loss or theft of your card and/or code, you can lose no more than $50.00 if someone used your card and /or code without your permission. Also, if you do NOT tell us within two (2) business days after you learn of the loss or theft of your card and/or code, and we can prove we could have stopped someone from using your card and/or code without your permission if you had told us, you could lose as much as $500.00. Also, if your statement shows transfers that you did not make, including those made by card, code or other means, tell us at once. If you do not tell us within 60 days after the statement was mailed to you, you may not get back any money you lost after 60 days if we can prove that we could have stopped someone from taking the money if you had told us in time. If a good reason (such as a long trip or a hospital stay) kept you from telling us, we will extend the time period.
MasterCard® Debit Card. Additional limits on liability for point of sale transactions. You will not be liable for any unauthorized transactions using your MasterCard debit card if
- You can demonstrate that you have exercised reasonable care in safeguarding your card from the risk of loss or theft and;
- Upon becoming aware of a loss or theft, you promptly report the loss or theft to us. MasterCard is a registered trademark of MasterCard International Incorporated.
(b) Contact in event of unauthorized transfer. If you believe your card and/or code has been lost or stolen, call us at 570-253-1970 or write us at The Dime Bank, 820 Church Street, PO Box 509, Honesdale PA 18431. You should also call the number or write to the address listed above if you believe a transfer has been made using the information from your check without your permission.
ERROR RESOLUTION NOTICE
In case of errors or questions about your electronic transfers, call us at 570-253-1970 or write us at The Dime Bank, 820 Church Street, PO Box 509, Honesdale PA 18431, as soon as you can, if you think your statement or receipt is wrong or if you need more information about a transfer listed on the statement or receipt. We must hear from you no later than 60 days after we sent the FIRST statement on which the problem or error appeared.
- Tell us your name and account number (if any).
- Describe the error or the transfer you are unsure about, and explain as clearly as you can why you believe it is an error or why you need more information.
- Tell us the dollar amount of the suspected error.
If you tell us orally, we may require that you send us your complaint or question in writing within 10 business days.
We will determine whether an error occurred within 10 business days (5 business days if involving a Visa® point-of-sale transaction processed by Visa or 20 business days if the transfer involved a new account) after we hear from you and will correct any error promptly. If we need more time, however, we may take up to 45 days (90 days if the transfer involved a new account, a point-of-sale transaction, or a foreign-initiated transfer) to investigate your complaint or question. If we decide to do this, we will credit your account within 10 business days (5 business days if involving a Visa® point-of-sale transaction processed by Visa or 20 business days if the transfer involved a new account) for the amount you think is in error, so that you will have the use of the money during the time it takes us to complete our investigation. If we ask you to put your complaint or question in writing and we do not receive it within 10 business days, we may not credit your account. An account is considered a new account for 30 days after the first deposit is made, if you are a new customer.
We will tell you the results within three (3) business days after completing our investigation. If we decide that there was no error, we will send you a written explanation.
You may ask for copies of the documents that we used in our investigation
For problem resolutions call us at 570-253-1970 or write to:
The Dime Bank
820 Church Street
PO Box 509
Honesdale PA 18431
Our Business days are Monday through Friday – Holidays not included.
DIGITAL WALLET TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These terms and conditions (collectively, the “Terms”) govern your use of any eligible debit card issued by The Dime Bank (a “Card”) when you add, attempt to add, or keep a Card in a digital wallet or any other electronic payment system into which your Card may be enrolled by you (a “Wallet”) on any mobile phone, tablet, watch or other device (“Device”) that supports the Wallet. These Terms are a legal agreement, so please read them carefully. The words “you” and “your” mean a customer of The Dime Bank or authorized user, and the words “we,” “us,” “our” and the “Bank” mean The Dime Bank. By adding or enrolling any Bank Card in any Digital Wallet, you accept and agree to be bound by these Terms.
The Bank’s Electronic Funds Transfer Disclosure is incorporated by reference and made a part of these Terms.
1. Your Account and Cardholder Agreement Still Applies. The terms and conditions of your agreements with the Bank governing the issuance and use of your accounts and Cards will not affected by your adding a Card to a Digital Wallet. A Digital Wallet is a third-party service that provides an additional mechanism whereby you can present your Card to participating merchants to purchase goods or services.
2. Adding Your Card to a Digital Wallet. You can add your eligible Card to a Digital Wallet by following the instructions of the Digital Wallet provider. You are solely responsible for following the instructions of your Digital Wallet provider for loading and maintaining your Card in the Digital Wallet. The only Bank Cards that you can add to a Digital Wallet are those that we indicate are eligible from time to time in our sole discretion. We reserve the right, but are not obligated, to verify your identity upon an attempt to enroll in a Digital Wallet prior to approving your enrollment. If your Card or underlying account is not in good standing, we may elect not to allow the Card to be added to the Digital Wallet. When you add a Card to a Digital Wallet, the Digital Wallet will allow you to use the Card for transactions where the Digital Wallet is accepted, consistent with the terms and conditions set forth by the Digital Wallet provider. You understand that your use of a Digital Wallet also will be subject to agreements or terms of Apple, Google or other third parties including your telecommunications provider. The Digital Wallet may not be accepted at all places your card is accepted.
3. Removing your Card from a Digital Wallet. You are responsible for deleting or removing your Card from a Digital Wallet. You should contact the Digital Wallet provider on how to remove a Card. We may also block, suspend, or cancel a Card in your Digital Wallet from purchases at any time and for any reason. You should refer to your Electronic Funds Transfer Disclosure for additional information.
4. The Dime Bank is Not Responsible for any Digital Wallet. We do not provide any Digital Wallet service to you. Our sole responsibility with respect to Digital Wallet activity is to exchange information with the Digital Wallet provider as necessary to process transactions initiated by using the Card in the Digital Wallet. We are not responsible for any failure of the Digital Wallet, or the inability to use the Digital Wallet for any transaction. We are not responsible for any loss, injury, or inconvenience you may suffer as a result of using our Card in your Digital Wallet or from a merchant refusing to accept payment from a Digital Wallet. We are not responsible for the performance or non-performance of the Digital Wallet provider or any other third parties regarding any agreement you enter into with the Digital Wallet provider or associated third party relationships that may impact your use of the Digital Wallet. You are solely responsible for the transactions processed using your Card through a Digital Wallet including the completeness and accuracy of information entered. Please contact your Digital Wallet provider if you need assistance or have any questions regarding the Digital Wallet.
5. Fees. Any applicable fees and charges that apply to your Card will also apply when you use a Digital Wallet for transactions involving your Card. You are responsible for any applicable wireless carrier data or usage fees incurred with the use of the Digital Wallet. We do not currently charge any additional fees for adding a Card to a Digital Wallet or using your Card in a Digital Wallet. However, we reserve the right to charge a fee for the service in the future upon not less than thirty (30) days’ advance notice. All other Bank fees including regular and applicable account fees and charges relating to your Card and accounts still apply.
6. Your Agreement to Indemnify the Bank. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold us harmless from and against any and all losses, claims, damages, liabilities, regulatory or civil actions, costs or expenses (including any attorneys' fees) that arise out of or are based upon: (a) the failure of you, any Digital Wallet, or any Digital Wallet service provider to conform to applicable law; (b) the negligence or intentional action or inaction of you or any Digital Wallet service provider; (c) any loss or injury suffered by you as a result of any Digital Wallet provider’s use of your information; (d) any breach by you of any term, condition, warranty, representation or any other portion of these Terms; or (e) any breach by you, any Digital Wallet, or any Digital Wallet service provider of any term, condition, warranty, representation or any other portion of any Digital Wallet agreement. Your indemnification obligations set forth herein shall survive termination or expiration of these Terms.
7. Security of the Digital Wallet. You agree to protect and keep confidential your (and your third party (Apple, Google, etc.)) user IDs, phone lock pass codes, passwords, PINs and all other information required for you to make purchases with your Digital Wallet. If you share these credentials with others, they may be able to access your Digital Wallet and make purchases for which you are responsible. You will secure all mobile devices used with a Digital Wallet as you would your Card. Your Bank Electronic Funds Transfer Disclosure requires you to contact us immediately if you believe there are errors or if you suspect fraud with your Card. We shall not be responsible for any loss, misuse, unauthorized purchase, loss of data, or warranty of any item purchased or any transaction initiated using a Digital Wallet. Third parties (Apple, Google, etc.) are responsible for the security of information provided to them or stored in their Digital Wallet. We are not responsible if there is a security breach affecting any information stored in the Digital Wallet. We take commercially reasonable steps to ensure that information that it sends to a Digital Wallet is sent in a secure manner.
8. Termination; Changes in Terms. We can block, suspend, or cancel Card eligibility for participation in a Digital Wallet or use of a Card in any Digital Wallet Services. We may also cease supporting the use of Cards in any Digital Wallet at any time without prior notice. We may also change, add to, or delete from these Terms at any time. We will provide notice if required by law. We can also assign these Terms at our discretion. You cannot change these Terms, but you can cease to be subject to these Terms as to future transactions by removing all Cards from all of your Digital Wallets, but this will not terminate any responsibilities that arose prior to your removal of the Cards.
9. Electronic Communication. You consent to receive electronic communications and disclosures from us in connection with your use of the Card and the Digital Wallet. You agree that we can contact you by SMS text at any mobile phone number or email at any email address you provide to us in connection with your Bank accounts. You agree to update your contact information with us when it changes.
12. Our Commitment to Your Privacy. We are committed to respecting the privacy of your information and we will not share your information in a manner that is inconsistent with our Privacy Notice. We will treat all personally identifiable financial information we obtain as a result of your use of the Wallet consistent with the terms of the Privacy Notice. We are not responsible for any loss, injury or other harm you suffer in connection with the Wallet Provider's use of your information.
13. Questions. If you have any questions, disputes, or complaints about the Digital Wallet, contact the Digital Wallet provider using the information given to you by the Digital Wallet provider. If your question, dispute, or complaint is about your Bank Card, contact us at 570-253-1970.
The Dime Bank Consumer Overdraft Program
The following is a statement of how The Dime Bank will handle consumer overdrafts.
An insufficient balance (overdraft) can result from several events, such as (1) the payment of checks, electronic funds transfers or other withdrawal requests; (2) payments authorized by you; (3) the return of unpaid items deposited by you; (4) the imposition of bank service charges/fees; or (5) the deposit of items which, according to the bank?s Funds Availability policy, are treated as not yet available or finally paid.
We are not obligated to pay any item presented for payment if your account does not contain sufficient funds. As disclosed in the General Fee Schedule, the Bank will charge a fee of $35.00 per item that overdraws the account up to five (5) overdraft fees per business day. A continuous OD fee of $5.00 per business day will be charged after 5 consecutive business days of an overdraft balance of $10.00 or more. The maximum daily overdraft fees will not exceed $180.00.
Transactions may not be processed in the order in which they occurred and the order in which transactions are received by The Dime Bank and processed can affect the total amount of overdraft fees you may incur.
You will be notified by U.S. Mail of any non-sufficient funds items paid or returned that you may have; however, we have no obligation to notify you before we pay or return any item. The amount of any overdraft, including our overdraft paid item and/or a return item fee of $35.00, that you owe us shall be due and payable upon demand, but if no demand is made, no later than 30 calendar days after the creation of the overdraft. If the overdraft balance is not cleared within 35 days you will receive a letter stating your account has been closed. If there is an overdraft on an account with more than one owner on the signature card, each owner and agent, if applicable, shall be jointly and severally liable for all overdrafts inclusive of fees.
Discretionary Overdraft Protection Products and Services
Transfer Sweeps From Another Deposit Account
A Transfer Sweep is an agreement where you authorize the bank to automatically transfer funds from your secondary account(s) to cover insufficient funds in your primary account to avoid overdraft charges.
- A $15.00 Sweep Transfer Fee will be charged to the „Transfer To? account for each transfer. Fees are subject to change.
- Account owner(s) are responsible to maintain sufficient balance(s) in their „Transfer From? account(s) to cover any potential overdrafts in the „Transfer To? account. If partial transfers are authorized and the balance in the „Transfer From? account is less than the funds needed to cover a potential overdraft, all funds up to the last cent ($.01- to avoid closure of the account) will be transferred. Should this occur, some or all of the items presented may not be paid and NSF fees of $35.00 per item may be charged. The Sweep Transfer Fee will not be charged if the partial transfer amount does not cover the potential overdraft.
- The Bank will not be responsible for notification to Authorized Signer(s) of any transfers.
- A transfer may reduce the balance in the „Transfer From? account below any minimum balance requirement for the account and a minimum balance service charge may be assessed.
- Preauthorized transfers from a Savings or Money Market account are limited to six (6) per statement cycle.
- The Bank or Customer may cancel this authorization at any time.
Ready Credit is a revolving line of credit (LOC) available with your Dime Bank checking account. It gives you financial freedom with a personal line of credit as well as the security of overdraft protection. Ready Credit can prevent overdraft fees and checks being returned NSF on your checking account.
- Ready Credit LOC is subject to credit approval. You must fill out a loan application and apply for this product.
- Automatically transfers funds from approved Ready Credit LOC to a checking account to cover an overdraft (minimum Credit Advance is $50.00). LOC amount is added to available balance and can be used to pay bills or make purchases.
- The Annual Percentage Rate of interest is tied to Predominant New York Prime as published in the Wall Street Journal plus 6% fluctuating and changing as Prime Changes. The interest rate will never be less than 10% or greater than 18%. A statement is sent to you via US Mail.
- Payments are automatically deducted from your checking account twenty-one (21) days after the statement date. Payment amount is tiered based on the outstanding balance due.
- There may be a late fee of $10.00 or 5% of the outstanding balance (whichever is greater) if the monies are not available when the payment is due.
- There is an annual fee of $50.00 which will be charged to the Credit Line on the anniversary date of the loan.
Payment Privilege is a discretionary Overdraft Protection Service where an overdraft privilege limit is automatically assigned to your personal checking account. You may be able to use the overdraft privilege limit assigned to your account 30 days after the account is opened provided specific criteria is met. Payment Privilege gives you an extra level of protection in case of account reconciliation errors. Payment Privilege should not be viewed as an encouragement to overdraw your account. The purpose of this privilege is to save you from the embarrassment, additional merchant fees or other problems that might result if a payment is returned. To avoid fees, we encourage you to keep track of your account balance by entering all items in your check register, reconcile your checkbook regularly, and manage your finances responsibly. Payment Privilege limits are determined by account type – Kasasa Cash, Kasasa Cash Back, Kasasa Tunes, EZ Checking and 55 & Better - $500.00 limit; Money Market, Platinum Checking - $1,000.00 limit. (Grandfathered accounts – Free Checking $500.00 limit; Checking Plus $750.00 limit; One Fund $1,000.00 limit)
- For overdraft privilege consideration, your account must be in “good standing” by (1) demonstrating good account management; (2) avoiding excessive overdrafts; and (3) having no legal orders, levies or liens against your account.
- As long as you maintain your account in “good standing”, we may approve your overdraft items within your current available Payment Privilege limit as a non-contractual courtesy. The Bank will charge our standard NSF fee of $35.00 per item that overdraws the account, whether paid or returned, up to five (5) overdraft fees per business day. A continuous OD fee of $5.00 per business day will be charged after 5 consecutive business days of an overdraft balance of $10.00 or more. The maximum daily overdraft fees will not exceed $180.00.
- Your Payment Privilege limit may be available to cover overdrafts created by checks and other transactions made using your checking account number, such as teller withdrawal, an automatic payment (ACH) transaction, or automatic bill payment and recurring debit card payment. In addition, you may authorize the bank to approve and pay ATM and everyday debit card transactions within the Payment Privilege limit. Your Payment Privilege limit will be included in your available balance (1) provided by an employee in person or by phone; and (2) through our Dime-On-Line internet banking.
- We may refuse to pay an overdraft item at any time even though we may have previously paid overdrafts for you. For example, we typically do not pay overdraft items if your account is not in good standing as defined above, or, if based upon our review of your account management, we determine that you are using Payment Privilege excessively or seem to be using Payment Privilege as a regular line of credit. In addition, normally, we will not approve an overdraft for you in excess of the predetermined limit assigned to your account type. So as not to exceed your limit, please note that the amount of the overdraft plus the bank?s standard overdraft fee of $35.00 per item and continuous overdraft fee of $5.00 per business day will be deducted from the overdraft limit.
- You may opt out of the Payment Privilege Overdraft Protection Service at any time, or specifically opt out of the privilege related to ATM and everyday debit card transactions, but you are responsible for any overdrawn balances at the time of opting out. If you would like to have this service removed from your account, contact the bank via phone at (570) 253-1970, in person at any one of our branch offices, or in writing to The Dime Bank, Attention Deposit Operations, PO Box 509, Honesdale, PA 18431.
- You will be notified by U.S. Mail of any non-sufficient fund items paid or returned that you may have; however, we have no obligation to notify you before we pay or return any item. The amount of any overdraft including our overdraft paid item and/or a return item fee of $35.00 that you owe us shall be due and payable upon demand, but if no demand is made, no later than 30 calendar days after the creation of the overdraft. Failure to do so will result in a 30-day letter noting that your privileges have been suspended. If the overdraft balance is not cleared within 35 days you will receive a letter stating your account has been closed. Your account will be monitored for excess usage and you will be notified either by notice or telephone to discuss the options available to you. If there is an overdraft on an account with more than one owner on the signature card, each owner and agent, if applicable, shall be jointly and severally liable for all overdrafts inclusive of fees.
- LIMITATIONS: Payment Privilege is a non-contractual courtesy that is available to accounts in good standing for personal or household use. It is not available to minors or accounts with special titles. The Dime Bank reserves the right to limit participation to 1 account per household and to suspend, revoke, or discontinue the service without prior notice.
THE DIME BANK MEMBER FDIC FUNDS AVAILABILITY DISCLOSURE
Our policy is to make funds from your cash and check deposits available to you on the first (1st) business day after the day we receive your deposit. Electronic direct deposits will be available on the day we receive the deposit. Once they are available, you can withdraw the funds in cash and we will use the funds to pay checks that you have written. For determining the availability of your deposits, every day is a business day, except Saturdays, Sundays, and federal holidays. If you make a deposit on one of our business days that we are open, we will consider that day to be the day of your deposit. However, if you make a deposit on a day we are not open, we will consider that the deposit was made on the next business day we are open.
Longer Delays May Apply
In some cases, we will not make all of the funds that you deposit by check available to you on the first (1st) business day after the day of your deposit. Depending on the type of check that you deposit, funds may not be available until the second (2nd) business day after the day of your deposit. The first $200.00 of your deposits, however, may be available on the first (1st) business day. If we are not going to make all of the funds from your deposit available on the first (1st) business day, we will notify you at the time you make your deposit. We will also tell you when the funds will be available. If your deposit is not made directly to one of our employees, or if we decide to take this action after you have left the premises, we will mail you a notice by the day after we receive your deposit. If you will need the funds from the deposit right away, you should ask us when the funds will be available. In addition, funds you deposit by check may be delayed for a longer period under the following circumstances:
- We believe a check you deposit will not be paid.
- You deposit checks totaling more than $5,000.00 on any one day.
- You redeposit a check that has been returned unpaid.
- You have overdrawn your account repeatedly in the last six (6) months.
- There is an emergency, such as failure of computer or communications equipment.
We will notify you if we delay your ability to withdraw funds for any of these reasons, and we will tell you when the funds will be available. They will generally be available no later than the seventh (7th) business day after the day of your deposit.
Special Rules for New Accounts
If you are a new customer, the following special rules will apply during the first 30 days your account is open. Funds from electronic direct deposits to your account will be available on the day we receive the deposit. Funds from deposits of cash, wire transfers, and the first $5,000.00 of a day's total deposits of cashier's, certified, teller's, traveler's, and federal, state and local government checks will be available on the first (1st) business day after the day of your deposit if the deposit meets certain conditions. For example, the checks must be payable to you and the deposit must be made in person to one of our employees. The excess over $5,000.00 will be available by the ninth (9th) business day after the day of your deposit. If your deposit of these checks (other than a U.S. Treasury check) is not made in person to one of our employees, the first $5,000.00 will not be available until the second (2nd) business day after the day of your deposit. Funds from all other check deposits will be available on the seventh (7th) business day after the day of your deposit.
NOTICE OF ERROR OR INFORMATION REQUESTS
If you believe your account contains an error regarding the servicing of your loan or you would like to request information regarding your account, mail a written request to us as soon as possible at the following address:
The Dime Bank
820 Church Street
PO Box 509
Honesdale PA 18431
In your written request to us, provide the following information:
- Your name;
- Your account number; and
- For a Notice of Error: a description of the error you believe has occurred during the servicing of your loan and if possible, any details that explain why you believe there is an error.
- For an Information Request: a statement of the account information you are requesting.
We will review and research your written request and provide a response to you.