Instead of throwing money away on rent, build home equity with mortgage payments. We offer a number of different loan options to fit your financial situation and goals. Talk to us about a primary residence, vacation home or investment property loan, and we’ll work to get you terms you can feel good about.
- Start building financial equity in your own property, including:
- Primary residences
- Vacation homes
- Investment properties
- Primary residences
- Different mortgage loans available, including:
- Fixed rate
- Adjustable rate
- Fixed rate
- Competitive low rates
- Flexible terms for affordable payments
- No prepayment penalty
- Convenient ways to make payments
- Zero point options available
- Local service and decision making
- Experienced lenders familiar with the local real estate market
- Dedicated personal service
- Loans subject to credit approval
First-Time Home Buyer Program
If you are a first-time home buyer, The Dime Bank has a program with you in mind! We know that buying a home is typically the largest purchase you will make. We are here to help.
In an effort to help you purchase your first home, The Dime Bank will waive your document prep fee, if you qualify.
To qualify for the program, you must:
- not have owned a home within the past three years OR
- be a displaced homemaker AND
- you must maintain the home being purchased for at least two years.
Speak with one of our knowledgeable lenders to see how we can be of assistance.
The program can change or be discontinued without notice.
First Front Door Program
First Front Door (FFD) is a homebuyer grant program of FHLBank Pittsburgh that can help qualified first-time homebuyers. FFD provides down payment and closing cost assistance to qualified first-time homebuyers with incomes at or below 80% of area median income. The program provides a 3-to-1 matching grant. For every $1.00 provided by the homebuyer, FFD will provide $3.00 in assistance, up to $5,000.00. As a participating financial institution, The Dime Bank is available to discuss the mortgage process and the FFD program. Speak with one of our knowledgeable lenders today to see how we can assist you in reaching your goal of owning a home.
The 2021 funding round for FFD opened 4/5/21 with $10.5 million available in homebuyer grants.
Each prospective homebuyer must:
- Be a first-time homebuyer (not owned a home within the past three years or owned a home only while married, but not as a single person, within the past three years. This includes a married couple if either has not owned a home within the past three years)
- Contribute personal funds as part of the down payment and closing costs
- Have household income at or below 80 percent of the area median income at the time of registration
- Complete at least four hours of homeownership counseling, including the topic of predatory lending, prior to the purchase of the home
- If a student, work at least 30 hours a week
For more information about the program, please visit www.firstfrontdoor.com
Call to speak with one of our mortgage originators
We are here to give you the one-on-one attention you deserve while purchasing a home.
Please call one of our very helpful mortgage representatives:
- For our Honesdale, Hawley (downtown and Lake Region), Damascus, and Carbondale branches please call 1-570-229-7575 to reach Pamela M. Kerber Gehman, Assistant Vice President, Residential Mortgage Originator (NMLS #440522)
- For our Greentown and Dingmans Ferry branches please call 1-570-575-7070 to reach Arlyce M. Degnan, Mortgage Loan Originator (NMLS #781409)
At The Dime Bank we always act in the best interest of our customers. In order to comply with the Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act (SAFE Act), The Dime Bank has registered all Dime Bank Mortgage Loan Originators (MLO) in the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry. Each registered MLO has been assigned a Unique Identifier number. The Dime Bank's NMLS number is 431592.
If you have any questions regarding compliance with the SAFE Act, please contact our Safe Act Officer, Jill George, at 1-570-253-6511 x 7716.
notice of error or information requests
If you believe your account contains an error regarding the servicing of your loan or you would like to request information regarding your account, mail a written request to us as soon as possible at the following address:
The Dime Bank
820 Church Street
PO Box 509
Honesdale PA 18431
In your written request to us, provide the following information:
- Your name;
- Your account number; and
- For a Notice of Error: a description of the error you believe has occurred during the servicing of your loan and if possible, any details that explain why you believe there is an error.
- For an Information Request: a statement of the account information you are requesting.
The Dime Bank believes in creating amazing customer experiences with the best in banking online and in person so your financial goals become your reality. We're your community bank with several branches in Northeast Pennsylvania.